SORRY,THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO WORDPRESS! rarityofparadise.wordpress.com

My Jaded Heart


I was lost in a premonition 
Of falling into a sea of clouds
That were tainted with a toxic illusion of tattooed memories 

Foolish to think that I had a grip 
On the layers of mishap
That departed from my reminiscing mind

I clasped with unyielding doubt
And stood grounded to a bottomless pit of misconception 

For all I saw was shattered pieces of who I was
While be knowing lost to who I could be
So, I reached for these broken shards 
To further understand the weight of my own eluding sorrows

But they were misplaced 
Along with my ideas of sanity 

Jaded and slowly fading  
I laughed at my own misery 
And realized that the clouded illusion 
That I had fallen into 
Was the weakness of my own heart

~ Tony Paradise's Poet ~


3 comments:

Susie Clevenger said...

Great piece...that inner conversation of trying to find answers is often difficult.

Unknown said...

It can be, but overcoming difficult things can make you stronger and can give you a new insight on things. Thank you for reading. :)

Mimi Foxmorton said...

*laughed at my own misery*
Telling.