SORRY,THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO WORDPRESS! rarityofparadise.wordpress.com

Riven

The fragmented pieces of tainted glass 
Are embedded with the lost irises of your enchanting eyes
Still, as if I was a victim victimized by a bewitching lover’s spell,
I remain enchanted by such torn elegance 

And though this perception seems all to grim for my ill-fated soul 
I will watch, without care, a thousand sunrises reflect off the brim imperfections 
Akin to the resonating pupils that had been inadequately and unskillfully instilled 

For if that noble morning star so happen to gaze across the sky 
Yet your captivating presence was no longer there
A thousand sunsets may as well consume a desolate land

With the shattered remains of that which could have been 
Together along the lines of that which should have been 

Nevertheless...

Perhaps the reason I look into your flawed yet charming echoing glance 
Is to remind myself of how broken I honestly am,
Thus this truth maybe the only fundamental view holding me to this world

Furthermore, it makes me hope; that if I can fix your divide sight 
I can believe in my own luckless tattered renewal 
A virtue that keeps me as a fool to this enchantment
But, by chance one of the more tragically beautiful things to be known

Because, a sunrise is just a sunrise
A sunset is just a sunset 
However your eyes 
Are the vision in mine that brings a tantalizing affection to my heart
Whereas even if they are riven; they are so in the most elegant of ways

~ Paradise’s Poet ~







10 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Love the tenderness with which this poem is written :)
Beautifully executed.

Katie Mia Frederick said...

Oh.. the eyes are truly
windows to souls
who live in
more expression
than poem or
sunset
may
ever
tale..:)

Glenn Buttkus said...

Romantic yet pinned with pathos, a victim who denies the state of it, a fool whose idealistic fantasies fail to register as such on their fundus. A terrific & dark tome; I like it, & the lines /perhaps the reason I look--/is to remind myself of how broken I honestly am/.

scotthastiepoet said...

I agree with Glenn, a telling romantic melancholy is achieved here... With Best Wishes Scott www.scotthastie.com

Anonymous said...

Dark yet poignant - lovely write

Pleasant Street said...

Beginning with the fragments of glass...we get a clear picture of the eyes that hold you under their spell. Very pretty

Anonymous said...

Lost irises of your enchanting eyes...like this line...

Bodhirose said...

I feel the enchantment he feels about this flawed yet attractive beauty. I also feel his pain as his own perceived shortcomings will keep him ever struggling about his own worth. Very strong inner emotions are so well developed here.

ayala said...

Dark and poignant.

Anonymous said...

very sensual..... extremely aesthetic and beautiful..... Enjoy this.