SORRY,THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO WORDPRESS! rarityofparadise.wordpress.com

Calypso

Her elegance cannot be tainted
By the leering eyes of lustful men.

For murmurs of her mesmerizing ambiance 
Leaves them visually impaired 
And snared within a false delusion of ecstasy. 

No matter how tall a man stands on the battlefield
His heart will always weaken 
To that which he finds beautiful.

For it is a serpent’s curse 
That dawned in the Garden of Eden
And one that has lasted throughout the ages.

To the mortal men of the seven seas
Her name shall be Calypso
Because the true beauty that is concealed within her divine appearance
Will always captivate the only treasure a man truly has.

~ Tony Paradise's Poet ~

9 comments:

Beth Winter said...

Wow... The opening stanza engaged me immediately and set the bar high. The remainder of the poem met that bar and supported it stance. I thoroughly enjoyed your poem. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thank you for reading!

Scarlet said...

Such a lovely write, I specially like the ending stanza ~ Nice to meet you at D'verse ~

And please take out the word verification because it makes commenting so hard to do ~ Thanks ~

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you to Heaven. Thank you for reading, and telling me about the "verification" I didn't know it was on. :P

Anonymous said...

This was excellent Tony! This reminds me of the old martial arts saying - even the greatest martial artist cannot leap over the threshold of woman - but ah the dance :)

Unknown said...

Lol good saying. Thank you for reading!

Anonymous said...

When I first read the title I envisioned a poem about music and beating rhythm, but you soon had me ensnared with visions of Pirates of the Caribbean and the beautiful words. Definitely need to go read up on Calypso, me. Beautiful write!

brudberg said...

The legends -- what a beautiful source of inspiration for poetry... splendid write Tony

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Excellent write.
Anna :o]