SORRY,THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO WORDPRESS! rarityofparadise.wordpress.com

Maria Maria

In the eyes of an angel emerald skies are embedded
With every wonder of tomorrow's lost sunsets

Maria Maria
Where have you gone?
Where has the bella of my youth drifted away to?
Is there any hope that I may lay my eyes upon her again?

Maybe the winds will whisper again to me
As they did that night that I last saw her
And with a gentle voice tell me how to find her  

Maria Maria
Is there any other place that you belong, besides here in my thoughts?
Perhaps you may belong in my arms
For once I had a dream that we were distant lovers

 Yet that’s when I awoke to the sounds of a Spanish guitar

And the sight of an emerald sky.

~ Tony Paradise Poet ~


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful longing -- soft and sweet.

Anonymous said...

the calling of her name - wonderful use of repetition - and then waking to the guitar - lovely - K

Sumana Roy said...

a wonderful feel to find infinite space in the beloved's eye and the loss lends a very sad tune to the lines....beautifully penned

Anonymous said...

The repetition of her name heightens the sense of longing and her present absence ... exactly the type of thing that deiberatley using repetition is so good for.

brudberg said...

I remember that Santana song... repeating the same name.. and I think it works very well to recall a love from the youth no matter how she's dissapeared... people change and they leave... I hope you find her.