SORRY,THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO WORDPRESS! rarityofparadise.wordpress.com

A Fools Eloping Heart


I watched as she sat upon a throne that only seemed fitting 
And although at the time I was intoxicated 
My mind was only inebriated to a stone goddess 
That shook the foundation of my eloping heart

I wish I had the nerve to speak 
But I only knew of the silence that I spoke 
And of the sight of her beauty 
That kept me enchanted 

If only seeing her was enough 
Maybe my emotions wouldn't be so chaotic 
As my actions of involvement only grew still 

Worthless I guess I am to my sentimental affections

Yet as I wash my hands of my cowardly ways
Maybe next time I'll have the courage to look in her eyes
While articulating words of friendship and devotion.

~ Tony Paradise's Poet ~


No comments: